Crayfish contains a variety of nutrients that are needed for normal body function. These nutrients confer various health benefits to the body. In this article, I will reveal some health benefits of crayfish.
Photo: All Nigerian Recipe
1. The potassium present in crayfish helps in maintaining normal blood pressure. It reduces blood pressure by promoting the relaxation of blood vessels and the removal of excess sodium.
2. Crayfish contains low fat which makes it able to maintain a healthy weight.
3. Crayfish contains Omega-3 acids. These compounds help to promote heart health thereby reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases such as heart attack. Omega-3 acids boost brain function, improves eye health and reduce the risk of loss of vision. It helps to keep the skin in good condition by preventing skin damage caused by the sun's ultraviolet radiation. It also fights depressions.
Photo: Guardian ng
4. Crayfish contains selenium which helps to boost fertility, especially in women.
5. The vitamin B present in crayfish helps to improve the function of the nervous system. It promotes metabolism too.
6. The magnesium present in this seafood, promotes bone health, and alleviate muscle pain.
7. It promoted the production of red blood cells due to the presence of Iron.
Eating too much of crayfish fish can have negative health effects. Eat it moderately.
Content created and supplied by: Relevantposts (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More