Fainting occurs when certain parts of the brain experience temporary blood flow deprivation. While some cases of fainting are due to health conditions, others may be caused by normal problems and excessive anxiety. Regardless of the cause, there are steps you can take to prevent losing consciousness if you feel like fainting.
In this article, we will explore the actions you should take to avoid fainting and losing consciousness completely. So, sit tight and enjoy while learning something new.
Steps to Take If You Feel Like Fainting:
1. If possible, lie down immediately and raise your legs in the air to encourage blood flow throughout your body.
2. According to healthline If lying down is not an option, sit down and put your head between your knees.
3. Cross your legs tightly to increase blood pressure and help alleviate the problem.
4. If dehydration is the cause of your fainting, try sipping on some water.
5. Tense your arms and make a tight fist, as this can help boost blood pressure and reduce the risk of fainting.
Content created and supplied by: Newsonly (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More