Foods that increase fertility are those that help to produce sex hormones and stimulate the formation of eggs and sperm, such as foods rich in zinc, vitamin B6, fatty acids, omega 3 and 6 and vitamin E.
Thus, to increase fertility for both men and women, dried fruits, oats, broccoli, fatty fish and sunflower seeds, for example, can be consumed. However, there are also some foods that can decrease fertility, should be avoided, like coffee, flour and refined sugar, like cakes and cookies, for example, because large amounts of vitamins and minerals are used to be processed by the body, decreasing the availability of these nutrients to promote the production of hormones.
Foods to increase fertility
To increase fertility through food, it is recommended that foods capable of stimulating hormonal production be consumed and, consequently, favoring the production and release of viable eggs and sperm. Thus, foods that can help fertility are:
- Foods rich in zinc, which is an essential mineral in the reproductive health of men and women, such as oysters, meat, dried fruits, egg yolk, rye and oats;
- Foods with vitamin B6, which together with zinc favors the production of sex hormones, such as cauliflower, watercress, bananas and broccoli, for example;
- Foods with fatty acids and omega 3 and 6, like fatty fish and seeds;
- Foods rich in vitamin E, which is essential to improve the health of eggs and sperm, such as sunflower seeds, for example.
These foods should be consumed every day and according to the nutritionist's guidance, in order to avoid nutritional deficiencies.
Foods to increase man's fertility
Foods to increase man's fertility are those rich in chromium, as this mineral is important for making sperm, and it is recommended to consume whole or rye bread, green peppers, eggs and chicken.
In addition, it is interesting that men consume foods rich in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, for example, as this vitamin protects sperm and helps to increase their number.
What to eat to increase female fertility
In addition to foods rich in zinc, vitamin B6, fatty acids and omega 3 and 6, women should consume antioxidant foods to stimulate the production of sex hormones and egg development, such as:
- Vitamin A or beta-carotene, such as carrots, sweet potatoes, dry apricots, pumpkin and watercress;
- Vitamin C, such as green vegetables, peppers, kiwi, tomatoes and citrus fruits;
- Vitamin E, such as dried fruits, seeds, fatty fish, avocados, beans and sweet potatoes;
- Selenium, such as Brazil nuts, sesame seeds, tuna, cabbages and whole grains;
- Zinc, such as meat, fish, oysters, seeds, nuts, eggs and green leafy vegetables;
- Phytonutrients present in fruits and vegetables of all colors, such as red beets, blue blue blue blueberries, orange apricots, yellow peppers, pink grapefruits and leafy green vegetables.
In a diet to increase female fertility, you should eat at least five servings of vegetables and fruits of different colors per day, in addition to consuming dried fruits and seeds once a day.
(Reference - https://www.verywellfamily.com/fertility-foods-recipes-1959903, https://www.parents.com/getting-pregnant/fertility/what-to-eat-to-get-pregnant/)
Content created and supplied by: Zeeboi598 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More