A seizure is a medical condition that occurs due to the physical changes in behavior that happen after an episode of abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
The term "seizure" is mostly used interchangeably with "convulsion." During convulsions, an individual has uncontrollable shaking that is rapid and rhythmic, with the muscles contracting and relaxing continuously.
Some of the things that can lead to seizures.
The most common thing that triggers seizures is epilepsy. But not all people who have a seizure have epilepsy. Sometimes seizures may be as a result of:
1. High fever, which can be linked with an infection like meningitis.
2. Not having quality sleep.
3. Flashing lights, moving patterns, or other visual stimulants.
4. Low blood sodium, which can occur with diuretic therapy.
5. Medications, like certain pain relievers, antidepressants, or smoking cessation therapies, that lessen the seizure threshold.
6. Head trauma that can lead to bleeding in the brain.
7. Abnormalities of the blood vessels in the brain.
8. Stroke (disruption of the flow of blood to the brain).
9. Brain tumor.
10. Intake of illegal or recreational drugs, like amphetamines or cocaine.
11. Too much alcohol intake, during times of withdrawal or extreme intoxication.
Content created and supplied by: Betatalkz (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More