To strengthen the immune system, preventing the development of some diseases and helping the body to react to those that have already manifested themselves, it is important to eat more foods rich in vitamins and minerals, decrease the consumption of fat sources, sugar and industrialized, with dyes and preservatives, and it may be indicated to take medicines or supplements that increase immunity.
Besides that, maintaining a healthy lifestyle is also one of the best strategies to keep the body's natural defense system always strong and efficient and that is why it is recommended not to smoke, eat healthy food, practice light or moderate physical exercises on a regular basis, have the proper weight, sleep 7 to 8 hours a night, avoid stress and consume alcoholic beverages in moderation. These habits must be followed by everyone throughout life, not only at times when the person is sick or easily ill.
Foods that increase immunity
Food is important for the proper functioning of the immune system and foods rich in omega-3, selenium, zinc, probiotics, vitamins A, C and E are the most suitable for increasing the immune system, since they favor the production of defense cells of the organism more efficiently. Some examples are:
- Omega-3: sardines, salmon, herring, tuna, chia seeds, nuts and flaxseed;
- Selenium: Brazil nuts, wheat, rice, egg yolk, sunflower seeds, chicken, bread, cheese, cabbage and wheat flour;
- Zinc: oysters, shrimp, beef, chicken, turkey and fish, liver, wheat germ, whole grains and nuts (chestnut, peanuts and Brazil nuts);
- Vitamin C: orange, tangerine, pineapple, lemon, strawberry, melon, papaya, mango, kiwi, broccoli, tomato, watermelon and peeled potato;
- Vitamin E: sunflower seeds, hazelnut, peanuts, almonds, pistachios, mango, olive oil, tomato sauce, sunflower oil, nuts and papaya;
- Vitamin A: carrots, sweet babysitters, mangoes, spinach, melons, chard, red peppers, broccoli, lettuce and egg;
- Probiotics : natural yogurt, kefir or Yakult fermented milk to maintain intestinal health.
The person who needs to strengthen his immune system must consume a greater amount of these foods, on a daily and regular basis, not only when he is already sick, but to prevent him from becoming ill again.
How to increase immunity quickly
To increase immunity quickly by leaving the body stronger in combating aggressive agents, one must:
- Adopt good health habits, performing physical activity, sleeping properly and avoiding stressful situations;
- Avoid the cigarette or be exposed to cigarettes;
- Expose yourself to the sun daily, preferably until 10 am and after 4 pm, without sunscreen, to increase the production of vitamin D in the body;
- Consume healthy food and maintain a balanced diet, which includes the consumption of fruits and vegetables, preferably organic or produced at home without pesticides;
- Avoid as much as possible fast food and processed foods and frozen foods such as pizzas and lasagna, for example, as it contains substances that promote inflammation of the body;
- Avoid taking medication without medical advice ;
- Drink about 2 liters of water mineral or filtered every day.
Besides that, if you have a virus disease, like flu, for example, it is important to avoid going to closed public places, like shopping, theaters and cinemas, in addition to being important to wash your hands frequently with soap and water, as well as avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with dirty hands.
In this way, it is possible to reduce the risk of acquiring the disease and of developing complications, especially in the case of the person having the weakest immune system.
How to increase immunity for babies and children
The best way to strengthen the baby's immune system is to invest free demand in breastfeeding, since breast milk contains all the nutrients that allow the immune system to develop correctly.
In the case of the baby taking milk formulas, supplementation with vitamins and minerals necessary for the proper development of the immune system can be made, so the baby's body is able to produce more defense cells that are capable of combating infectious agents such as viruses and bacteria .
In the case of babies from 6 months onwards, it is recommended to continue breastfeeding and ensure a healthy and diversified diet that includes the foods mentioned above, so that the body's defenses are stimulated.
In addition, it is important that vaccines are up to date and good health habits are maintained, such as not smoking near the baby and avoiding giving medications without the guidance of the pediatrician.
Causes of low immunity
Some situations that can cause the immune system to weaken are poor diet, poor hygiene habits, not being vaccinated when necessary, and smoking. In addition, during pregnancy it is normal to have a drop in the immune system, which happens naturally in all women, as a way to prevent the mother's body from rejecting the baby, and during treatment against cancer or the HIV virus
People who have a syndrome or other illnesses like lupus or malnutrition naturally also have a less efficient defense system and become ill frequently.
The use of certain medications, such as corticosteroids, immunosuppressants used in case of organ transplants, during cancer treatment or with the prolonged use of some anti-inflammatory drugs, such as Dipyrone, also decrease the body's immunity.
How to know if the immune system is weak
The immune system is composed of the white portion of the blood, responsible for the production of antibodies whenever the organism is exposed to a foreign body, such as viruses or bacteria. However, it can also be considered that the defense mechanism is composed of the skin itself and the acid secretion of the stomach, which often neutralizes the microorganisms present in the food, preventing them from developing within the human body.
What characterizes a weakened immune system is the increase in the number of times a person becomes ill, with flu, colds and other viral infections like herpes, very often. In this case, it is likely that your body is not able to produce defense cells efficiently, which facilitates the onset of disease.
In this case, in addition to being commonly ill, the person may experience symptoms such as tiredness, fever, and have simple illnesses that get worse easily, such as a cold that becomes a respiratory infection, for example.
(Reference - https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/foods-that-boost-the-immune-system#other-tips, https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/how-to-boost-immune-health)
Content created and supplied by: Zeeboi598 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More