Heartburn can be described as a burning pain in the chest which is as a result of stomach acid entering into gullet(throat).
It is also a painful and burning sensation in your chest which occurs when the acid in your stomach goes up into your esophagus.
If you experience heartburn twice a week or more, you may be suffering from a condition known as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
According to research, you might be relieved from heartburn by changing certain lifestyles and by taking some medications.
Below are some ways to go about it.
1. If you do not want to take medications, you can mix one teaspoon of baking soda and in a glass of water and drink. You can take it when you feel heartburn or after your meal. Do not take over five teaspoons of baking soda in one day without consulting your doctor.
2. Don't wear a tight jeans after eating. This is because too much pressure on your lower esophageal spinchter and abdomen pushes the stomach acids that causes heartburn. Wearing an outfit that isn't tight especially after eating heavy meals relieves heartburn.
3. Avoid lying down immediately after eating. Stomach acids are very active when you finish eating and when you lie down immediately, they csb easily flow towards your esophagus and pass your esophageal spinchter which results to heartburn. You can lie down 60 minutes after eating.
4. Late night meals should be avoided.
5. Foods that trigger heartburn should be avoided. Some foods that are capable of triggering heartburn are chocolates, peppermint, alcohol, foods with high oil content, spicy foods, onions, acidic foods such as citrus foods, tomato products such as pizza sauce and ketchup, coffee and other beverages that contain acids.
6. Avoid eating large meal portions.
7. Avoid gaining excess weight.
8. Exercise regularly.
Content created and supplied by: Specialchild (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More