Early signs of stroke you need to know.
A stroke happens when the blood flow to the brain is stopped and the brain cells start dying. Strokes can happen to people of any age. High cholesterol, high blood pressure and smoking are big risk factors.
Treatment within the hour can prevent long-term disability or death. There are warning signs for a stroke way ahead of when it will happen. Some of these signs can happen hours, days and sometimes weeks in advance. Here are seven early warning signs.
1) Face drooping. Does one side of the face look lopsided or droopy? Asking the affected person to smile so you can see if their smile is uneven or lopsided.
2) Arm weakness. People experiencing a stroke often have sudden weakness or numbness in their body, and it's usually concentrated on one side.,asking them to raise their arms above their head - can they do it? Is one arm significantly lower than the other?
3) Speech difficulty. People affected by a stroke often have trouble speaking clearly and tend to slur their words ,asking the person to repeat what they are saying to be sure whether they are slurring.
4) Severe headache. It is a sudden and severe headache can be a symptom of stroke, especially when paired with other symptoms. Note that a couple of these symptoms can occur in the case of a migraine, too, so it could be worth asking the person if the headache is out of the ordinary. If in doubt, call for medical help.
5) Changes in vision. sudden double vision or blindness in one eye can be a sign of an impending stroke.
6) Confusion. This can mean an uncharacteristic inability to understand other people or articulate thoughts.
7) Balance issues. Someone suffering from a stroke may experience sudden issues with balance and coordination .If you're unsure, you could ask them to touch their finger to their nose, or walk in a straight line.
Content created and supplied by: studio.opera.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More