Taking a hot or warm bath is usually what most of us go for, because it is more ideal logically especially at the early and late hours of the day.
Bathing with hot water is mostly reserved for the cold weather and most early in the morning, when the weather is a bit chilly.
When, you have trouble relaxing or falling asleep at night, the ideal bath one usual go for is a hot shower to ease with the stress of the day.
This is a common practice carried out intentionally for muscle relaxation before going to sleep because hot bath activate the parasympathetic nervous system which makes us tired.
Some other benefits of hot showers include:
1. It helps with blemishes
2. Helps with the muscle relaxation
3. Hot bath provide relief from cold, or respiratory symptoms
4. It helps in body temperature.
1. Taking a hot bath with the steam surrounding you, has been applied as a natural remedy to reduce cold and cough symptoms. The heat from the water and the steam can help to:
A. Open airways of the nostril
B. Loosen up phlegm
C. Clear out your nasal passages
2. Hot bath helps with blemishes, and it does this by opening up the pores of the skin, which allows you to clean out the trapped dirt and oil on the skin.
3. Taking a hot bath or shower are good for muscle relaxation. Being in hot water effectively helps relieve body tension and can help soothe muscle fatigue or muscle stress.
4. Having a hot bath in cold weather help in reducing your body cold temperature. It make your body warm and help keep you warm afterwards.
The Negative Aspects of Hot Bath include:
1. Constant hot bath can dry out and irritate your skin. The hot water does this by causing damages to the keratin cells that are located on the most outer layer of our skin which is usually referred to the epidermis.
By disrupting these cells, it creates dry skin and prevents the cells from locking in moisture. They can also make certain skin conditions worse. Higher temperatures make it easier for the skin to dry out and worsen conditions like eczema.
2. Hot bath can as well cause your body to itch. Constant hot bath heat can cause mast cells (which contain histamine) to release their contents in the skin, and cause itching.
3. Hot bath can increase your blood pressure also. If you have problems with high blood pressure or cardiovascular disease, taking a shower that’s too hot can make these conditions worsen or increase it.
We all love to take a hot bath because of the warmness involved, but this can be also dangerous to our skin and health generally. Alternating with cold water is best, just like I have listed the benefits of cold water on my previous post.
However, the best is lukewarm water and this will put you in a healthier position.
Thank you for reading this article.
Share, like and comment your opinions using the comments section. Follow @realomokaro for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: Defreed (via Opera News )