It's a lot easy for us to want to pop a pill whenever we are having migraines or headaches, Taking pain relief pills is always our first call of action whenever we have headaches. But if the number of over-the-counter drugs you are taking is a concern to you, they are other healthier and natural ways to help with those migraines and headaches.
The next time you feel that pound about to start, try these ideas fast to stop the headaches:
1) Ice: Applying a cold pack or ice to an injury has always been in practice for ages as it brings relief to them, Wrapping an ice or cold pack may do the same trick to our headache pain and also to migraines. Apply the cold pack directly to your forehead after wrapping it in a thin cloth to prevent your head from becoming overly cold. Experts suggest that sticking to about 9-10 mins in an hour will do as this will prevent your whole body from getting cold or chilled.
2) Acupressure: Acupressure can bring instant relief to headaches and a lot of other pains. Acupressure may work when you stimulate the autonomic nervous system, which is why it should have a good impact on headaches and even chronic neck pain. Research had also revealed that self-administered acupressure has always been helpful and worth doing for anyone having headache and again, no negative side effects.
Photo Credit: Dreamstime
3) Warm Foot Bath: Soaking your feet in warm water also helps when done from a relaxation point of view, it can sometimes do the trick of taking your mind off the headache and that can help quell the head pain.
4) Dimming the lights: being sensitive to lights or even being photophobia is one very common symptom of migraine pain. Simply resting or relaxing in a dimmed-light room can be very helpful. This has been confirmed in a recent study that showed how high light exposure normally worsens the symptoms of a migraine or headache. So, you can always avoid that by dimming the light od where you are. It will help cool and relieve the headache.
5) Sleeping: Not getting enough rest and sleep is tied to many health issues and headaches and migraines are not left out
Maintaining consistent and good sleeping habits is very helpful and I can guarantee that a very bad headache or even migraine will disappear after a very nice sleep. In the same, sleeping late and waking very early can cause headaches too.
These quick tips can do magic and should work for an occasional headache. But if the headache is a very terrible one and none of these steps worked for it, don't forget to visit a hospital straight up, your doctor can help with checking up on you
Content created and supplied by: DrGeraldine (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More