The human brain is an amazing organ of the body. The human brain is the command center for all activities that happen in the body. The human brain is large compared to other brains of mammals. It is one of the most important organs in the human body.
Here are some amazing facts of the brain you didn't know of.
1) The human brain is the largest brain of all vertebrates relative to body size.
2) The average male has a brain volume of 1274cm³.
3) The average female has a brain volume of 1131cm³.
4) The brain makes about 2% of a humans body weight.
5) The cerebrum make up 85% of the brain's weight.
6) It contains 100 billion neurons.
7) The brain weighs 1.36kg.
8) It comprises of 60% of fat and is one of the fattest organs in the human body.
9) It has the capacity to generate approximately 23watts of power when awake.
10) The brain gets 20% of the blood and oxygen produced in the body.
11) It takes 8seconds for the brain to loose consciousness when blood supply stops.
12) The brain is capable of surviving for 5 to 6 minutes only if it doesn't get oxygen after which it dies.
The human brain is a really interesting organ.
Hope you learnt something. Thanks for reading.
Content created and supplied by: Favour23 (via Opera News )