According to Mayo Clinic, hepatitis B is a serious liver infection caused by the hepatitis B virus (HBV). Hepatitis B is caused by a number of factors but the most common of hepatitis B is unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected people.
Image: Mayo Clinic Health Essentials
Chronic hepatitis B can be deadly because, it can make a person develop liver problems like, liver cancer, cirrhosis and liver failure. Statistics has shown that, hepatitis B is a very common infection in Nigeria with over 1.5 million Nigerians contracting it yearly.
People who have hepatitis B will notice some unusual things happening in their body, those strange occurrences are refered to as, signs and symptoms. Sadly many people ignore these signs until the infections advances and becomes more severe and difficult to treat.
Here Are Six (6) Signs Of Hepatitis B
1. Nausea And Vomiting: nausea is simply the urge to vomit. People who have nausea often feel the urge to vomit.
Vomiting on the other hand, occurs when a person ejects the contents of their stomach through their mouth. Nausea and vomiting are two signs of hepatitis B.
2. Dark Urine: the liver is organ that filters liquid (urine). And hepatitis B is an infection that affects the liver.
So when your urine colour becomes brown or dark in colour it is likely sign that you have hepatitis B.
Image: Don't Change Much
3. Weakness And Tiredness: weakness and tiredness usually go hand in hand. Tiredness and weakness occurs when a persons energy or, strength is drained which makes them to be unable to carry out their daily functions effectively and efficiently.
The liver is a very important organ that performs a very important function so, when it is infected by hepatitis B it can cause weakness and tiredness.
Image: Istock Photos
4. Joint Pain And Abdominal Pain: people who have hepatitis B usually suffer from joints pains, the pain could be in their knee joint or any other joint.
The liver is located in the upper left side of the abdomen and when it is infected by hepatitis B it can cause abdominal pain.
5. Fever: hepatitis B is an infection that increases the temperature of a person. Fever causes the body temperature of a person to raise above the normal range.
The skin and breath of feverish people are usually hot. Fever is one of the common signs of hepatitis B.
6. Jaundice: jaundice is one of the most common signs of liver problems like hepatitis B. Jaundice is a very physical symptom because it manifests physically.
Jaundice turns a person's skin and the whites of their eye to yellow.
Image: Eclinics & Diagnosis
Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More