People often think pepper is added to food for the heat they provide, while that might be true pepper has other nutritional benefits apart from making a meal spicier. Below are some of the nutritional benefits of pepper.
1. A study published by the British medical journal has indicated those who eat spicy food are less likely to die from cancer and diabetes.
2. Chili pepper has a therapeutic properties for sickness such as rheumatism, stiff joints, chest cold and cough.
3. It has anti microbial properties that are important for human health.
4. It has anti inflammatory properties.
5. It has beneficial effects for symptoms related to degenerative brain condition like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson disease.
6. It improves blood level sugar control, studies have suggested that the piperine in pepper might help improve blood sugar metabolism.
7. It helps lower cholesterol levels.
8. It may also boost the absorption level of nutrients such as calcium and selenium.
9. It may also promote gut health. Research has shown that black pepper might increase the number of good bacteria in your gut.
10. It may also offer pain relief, studies in rodents have shown that piperine may be a natural pain reliever.
Leave your comments below and don't forget to like, and share.
Content created and supplied by: Samade (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More