Greetings to my Real_gist lovers! Thank you for clicking. You all rock!
Today we will be dealing with a really important issue affecting most people and even causing them to have mouth odour. The mouth odour that toothache causes is even more than the way one's mouth will smell when he wakes up from sleep. Just follow through.
A TOOTHACHE is a pain inside the teeth or around a tooth.
CAUSES OF TOOTHACHE
1. Tooth decay.
2. Damage filling.
3. Abscessed tooth.
4. Repetitive motions such as chewing gum or grinding teeth.
5. Infected gums.
6. Tooth fracture.
Toothache can have causes which are not due to underlying disease.
1. Biting something hard.
2. Getting something stuck in between the teeth or braces. This is a regular part of the development process in children.
Treatment of TOOTHACHE would totally depend on the cause of the ache.
If it is caused by an infected in the tooth's nerve, you might need a root canal. Bacteria which have found their way into the inner aspects of the tooth cause such infection.
If it is caused by a cavity, your dentist will fill the cavity or extract the tooth.
If there is fever or swelling of the jaw, you can get some antibiotics.
SOME OTHER TREATMENT OPTIONS
1. Salt and warm water. Use it to rinse your mouth rigorously.
2. Never eat meat (especially 'suya') late at night.
3. Ensure to always brush last thing at night.
4. Avoid sugary foods.
5. Stop chewing gum.
6. Use toothpaste that contains fluoride.
7. Chew 'oziza' seeds on the aching tooth, especially the ones with holes. This one is tasted and trusted.
8. Floss once daily.
9. You can also use antiseptic mouth wash.
10. See your dentist twice yearly for professional cleaning.
11. Avoid breaking hard nuts or opening bottles of drinks with your teeth.
WHEN TO SEE A DENTIST
1. When your toothache lasts longer than 1 or 2 days.
2. When you have a fever, pain when you try to talk or open your mouth, ear aches, and mouth odour.
3. When you experience severe toothache.
-If you know someone who complains of tooth infection, avoid sharing things like spoons and cups with them, because if you do, you will contact it.
-If you have toothache, know that you are most likely to have mouth odour, so always check yourself before speaking at certain times, try to understand when the person you are talking to begins to act somehow. You can avoid this by brushing and using the antiseptic mouth wash often or before speaking at certain times.
-Parents please don't share your toddlers' spoon with them, whether you have tooth ache or not. There are bacterias in your mouth that are not good for the children.
DO NOT wait until toothache spoils things for you.
Thank you for reading. If this helped you, or you know someone it can help, please SHARE.
Follow Real_gist too. Like my posts and comment.
I am committed to giving you the best. Thank you.
Content created and supplied by: Real_gist (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More