Lemon juice is the rich liquid content of lemons. It like every other part of the lemon has many uses. Apart from being used to made lemonades, lemon juice can also be to get rid of bad breath and body odors.
Just like lime juice, lemon juice contains lots of vitamin C. It doesn't contain any fat, and has very little sodium content. Lemon juice is a good source of potassium which makes it good for heart health. Some of the health benefits and uses of lemon juice are highlighted below:
1. Rich in Vitamin C: Lemons contain this essential vitamin which helps prevent scurvy and helps in the development of strong bones and teeth. Lemons also contain citric acid which makes them effective against bacteria.
2. Supports weight loss: Lemon juice can help you loose weight by increasing the rate of body metabolism.
3. It improves your skin quality: Lemon juice helps to keep the skin hydrated and fresh. It contains antioxidants that eliminate toxins from the body.
4. It aids digestion: The citric acid in lemon juice helps to break down food particles more easily, thereby aiding digestion. Drinking lemon water can also help stimulate your digestive system and get them ready for digestion. (Lemon water is lemon juice diluted with water).
5. It freshens breath: Tired of bad breath? A sip of lemon water can keep your breath fresh for a long time. Rubbing cut lemons on your armpits can also prevent sweating and reduce offensive odor.
Note: Drinking lemon water regular may corrode the enamel that protects your teeth. It is advisable to only drink lemon water when necessary.
Content created and supplied by: Urban_Post (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More