774,000 job: Osun Selection Committee denounces recruitment website.
The Federal Government Special Public Work Selection Committee in Osun State has denied hosting Website for the recruitment of the 774, 000 Special Public Work facilitated by the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment as palliative to cushion the economic effect of the COVID-19 in Nigeria.
The committee said neither the Federal ministry of labour, the National Directorate of Employment (NDE) nor the state selection committee have the knowledge of the job recruitment website and warned members of the public not to fall victim of fraudsters.
The committee explained that the website of the special public works programme www.specialpublicworks.gov.ng is only for information and not for recruitment.
The Osun State Chairman of Selection Committee, Ambassador Abdulyekeen Abilagbo said this after the meeting of the committee held at the Conference Hall of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), in Osogbo, the state capital.
He said the selection committee is still expecting the guidelines and selection modalities from the federal ministry of labour and employment.
The retired diplomat said the clarification became necessary following several reports of an existing fake NDE website for the recruitment.
Abdulyekeen, however, assured the members of the public that the selection committee will publicly announce the modalities for application and recruitment when the guidelines are released.
NDDC: Attempt to arrest Nunieh legitimate - Police.
The Rivers State Police Command has rubbished reports that the armed operatives who attempted to arrest the former Managing Director of NDDC, Joi Nunieh were not sanctioned by the Inspector General of Police and the Commissioner of Police in Rivers State.
The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike had shortly after rescuing Nunieh claimed in an interview that the officers could not show a warrant for her arrest neither was the police hierarchy aware of their presence.
But the Rivers Police Command in a statement released by SP Nnamdi Omoni, the Public Relations Officer, said the operatives were on legitimate duty.
Omoni confirmed that the personnel at Nunieh’s residence were from the IGP Monitoring Team in Abuja and were in Port Harcourt on official assignment.
The statement added that before the officers proceeded to her residence, they observed due protocols and requisite standard operating procedures, including going through the processes of arriving themselves at the Headquarters with their Investigation Activities duly signed and approved by the Commissioner of Police, CP Joseph Mukan.
“The attention of the Rivers State Police Command has been drawn to an Online Publication, credited to Vanguardngr.com, where it was erroneously reported that ‘the MOPOL presence at the residence of Joi Nunieh was not the directive of the Command’.
“Ordinarily, such a phantom report should have been ignored but due to the potential danger inherent in keeping silent, the Command is minded to react and state the true position as follows: That they went to her (Nunieh’s) residence with Mobile Policemen, suggesting of course that they were there on official duty and not illegal duty as speculated.
“That, the reference indicating that the Officers were there without the directive of the CP nor the IGP is preposterous and most unfortunate, hence should be discountenanced and disregarded,” the statement read.
Mandela’s daughter Zindzi buried in South Africa.
Zindzi Mandela, the youngest daughter of South Africa’s first black president and anti-apartheid icon Nelson Mandela, was buried at a private funeral on Friday following her death aged 59 earlier this week.
The daughter of Mandela and Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, she was South Africa’s ambassador to Denmark at the time of her death, which coincided with the anniversary of a car crash that claimed the life of his first son, 51 years earlier.
His family said she had tested positive for coronavirus on the day she died on Monday, but they were still awaiting post-mortem results.
In a eulogy at a virtual memorial Thursday night, President Cyril Ramaphosa thanked the Mandela family for “the very important gesture of sharing this information with the nation”.
“In doing so you are helping to encourage social acceptance for sufferers.”
“This is a virus that affects us all, and there should never be any stigma around people who become infected,” said Ramaphosa.
South Africa is now the world’s sixth most affected country with 324,221 cases, including 4,669 deaths.
FCT discharges 21 patients, records 23 new COVID-19 cases.
Twenty-one, 21, COVID-19 patients have been discharged from the FCT isolation center.
The Federal Capital Territory Administration, FCTA, announced this in a tweet on Friday.
It said the nation’s capital also recorded 21 new cases of the infection, adding that 39 patients have died due to complications related to COVID-19.
“23 new cases, 21 discharged in the FCT.
“Summary of #COVID19FCT as at July 16th, 2020.
“Total number of confirmed cases: 2761
“Total number of active cases: 2016. Total discharged: 706
“Deaths recorded: 39
“Residents are urged to #TakeResponsibility to #StaySafe,” it said.
Content created and supplied by: 9jabloga (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More