Women who are more sexually active are the greatest victims of Urinary tract infection or the infection of bladder or the kidneys. However, men also suffer from this infection but mostly after the age of 50.
Urinary tract infections are commonly caused by a bacterium that travels from the urinary duct or urethra into the bladder. pregnancy, sexual intercourse, diabetes or a past urinary tract infection leads to such kind of infection. The risk also increases when they wipe from back to the front after a bowel movement.
Typical symptoms include necessity to urinate frequently with the inability to pass more than a small amount or pain and burning sensation during urination or even dribbling or leaking during day and while sleeping. It is also possible that the urine develops a foul odor or become blood specked.
Do’s while you have a urinary tract infection
1. You should take antibiotics as prescribed by your physician. Make sure to take all the medication even though the symptoms disappear because if you stop the treatment early, some of the bacteria may survive and infect you again.
2.Take plenty of rest and if fever persists for long, stay in bed until it gets to normal and you feel better.
3. Drink 6 to 8 soda can size glass of fluids especially water each day to flush out your kidneys and wash out the germs from your urinary tract. If you drink cranberry juice or take vitamin C it shall help to make your urine more acid and keep the infection under control.
4.Urinate as often as you feel the urge and try to empty the bladder completely every time before and after sex.
5.Avoid intake of caffeine or alcohol during the treatment as this irritates the bladder.
6. Take showers rather than taking bath each day and wash the genital area with soap and water. Never use bubble bath or bath oils.
7. Also remember to wipe from front to back after urinating or having a bowel movement because this reduces the chances of germs getting into the bladder. It is also advisable to wear a panty with a cotton crotch.
8. Maintain your follow up visits regularly to cure the infection or else the lingering infection could even damage the kidneys.
Content created and supplied by: Chemist1986 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More