Watermelon as we all know is a very refreshing and delicious fruit that is very rich in Vitamin C and A. It also helps to calm the body and ease stress because of its high water content and nutrient value as we know water helps to refresh and calm the body which the fruit is majorly composed of. Below are some of the health benefits of Watermelon;
1. Watermelon improves Digestion: Watermelon is one of the fruits that has a lot of water content and low in fibre contents (these two are very necessary for healthy digestion). Water helps your digestive tract to move and function efficiently. This is why medically it is advisable to consume fruits that are rich in water and fibre contents like watermelon.
2. Watermelon is good for the skin and hair: Watermelon comprises of two essential Vitamin (A and C) which are essential for an healthy skin and hair growth. Vitamin C helps to supply a protein in the body that makes your skin soft, moist and your hair strong and healthy.
Vitamin A on the other hand helps to repair damaged skin and moisten dry and flaky skin textures. Vitamin A also protects the skin against skin burn.
3. Watermelon helps reduce sore Muscles: Athletes and footballers drink juices that are rich in citrulline because it helps to reduce muscle soreness. This Amino acid called citrulline can be found in larger quantity in Watermelon. This is why Watermelon is mostly recommended for athletes worldwide.
4. Watermelon also helps to prevent blindness: There is a blindness that comes at old age called macular degeneration. It is very common in older adults. Lycopene is an anti-oxidant that can help reduce the effect of this blindness and Watermelon contain a vast content of this nutrient.
5. Watermelon can also prevent heart disease and failure: Heart disease and failure is one of the major causes of death worldwide. Consuming some food might help lower your cholesterol and blood pressure which is a good thing for the heart.
Studies have also shown that lycopene helps to reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels in humans. Watermelon is a good source of lycopene in raw form.
In addition to this, watermelon also helps to hydrate the body because of its rich water content. It also helps to reduce blood cancer because of the watermelon oxidative nature.
Kindly like,comment and share your views about this benefits of Watermelon.
Content created and supplied by: Mafidon91 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More