Sign in
Download Opera News App



Health Living


Disease prevention and treatment

2 Diseases Men Should Look Out For If They Notice Discharge From Their Reproductive Organ

Similar to females, men's organs are also sensitive and require attention, particularly the reproductive organs. Often, men tend to overlook changes in their bodies without realizing that these changes may require proper medical examination.

When discussing discharge from the reproductive organ in men, we are referring to any discharge that is not urine or semen, which flows out from the urethra and stains their underwear.

Knowledge is said to be power, so let's explore two diseases that men should be aware of if they notice any discharge.

According to a healthline article linked below, one of the diseases men should be vigilant about is urinary tract infection (UTI). Although UTIs are commonly associated with females, it may be surprising to learn that men can also develop this condition, as it manifests in different types.

The type that affects men is known as urethritis, which primarily targets the urethra. The most common symptom of urethritis is discharge from the reproductive organ. It is important to note that this discharge differs from normal semen, so it is advisable to consult a doctor to determine when the discharge is no longer normal.

Another disease to be mindful of is Prostatitis. This condition affects the prostate glands in men, which are responsible for semen secretion. If left untreated, Prostatitis can become chronic and potentially lead to prostate cancer or enlargement.

Symptoms of Prostatitis include frequent urination, pain, difficulties in urination, presence of blood in the urine, and other related symptoms. Men who are aged 50 and above are more susceptible to developing Prostatitis.

The exact causes of Prostatitis are unknown, but it is recommended for men to maintain a healthy diet, including fruits and vegetables, as a precautionary measure.

After reading this article, if you experience such discharge, there is no need to panic. Simply visit a doctor to seek appropriate treatment.

Content created and supplied by: Newsonly (via Opera News )


Load app to read more comments