According to Healthline, for years, people have employed the homemade treatment of placing onions in their socks. This method is reported to have several health advantages, including improved immunity and restful sleep. Here are several justifications for putting onions in your socks, though.
1. Onions are known to release sulfur compounds, which are supposed to help regulate sleep cycles and promote restful sleep, increasing the quality of sleep.
2. Stimulation of the immune system. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of onions can help boost the body's resistance to disease.
3. It's been suggested that putting onions in your socks can help to improve circulation and ease foot pain.
4. Because of the sulfur compounds they contain, which are regarded as having antiseptic and antibacterial properties, onions are said to help prevent and treat colds and other illnesses.
5. reducing soreness and swelling in the lower legs and feet. The anti-inflammatory properties of onions can aid in reducing discomfort and swelling in these regions.
6. Aids in the body's removal of impurities and toxins. It is thought that the sulfur compounds in onions aid in the elimination of toxic chemicals from the body, assisting in the detoxification process.
According to WebMD, Despite the lack of scientific evidence proving the effectiveness of this home remedy, several people have reported success. If you want to try it, put sliced onions in your socks before bed and let the organic compounds do their thing.
Content created and supplied by: Jidderhluv (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More