Hip dips are the inward depression along the side of your body, just below the hip bone. So, instead of the outer edges of your hips following curves that look like they were drawn using a protractor, they have indentations, which may be barely noticeable, or be rather prominent. BUT, there is need to worry or feel bad because they are totally natural and a normal part of your body structure.
How to get rid of hip dips
If you want to minimize the appearance of hips dips or get rid of them, you can perform certain exercises that can help you build muscle and lose fat.
These exercises helps to tone and strengthen the muscles in your:
Squats are great to exercises to tone your thighs, hips, and butt. Ensure to keep your back straight and your toes pointing forward. Engage your abdominal muscles for extra support.
How to perform squats
* Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips.
* Exhale as you slowly lower down as though you’re sitting into a chair.
* Inhale and stand back up.
* Repeat this 20 times.
2. FIRE HYDRANTS
These movements target your outer thighs, hips, and side buttocks. Make sure to keep your weight evenly distributed between your hands and knees.
How to perform fire hydrants
* Come onto all fours, Make sure to keep your hands directly underneath your shoulders, and your knees directly underneath your hips.
* Inhale as you lift one leg up so that it makes a 90-degree angle from your other leg. Keep your knee bent.
* Slowly lower your leg back down. * Keep your knee from touching the floor before you lift it again.
* Do this movement 20 times.
* Repeat on the opposite side.
3. Lying down side leg raises
These leg raises target your outer thigh and butt. Make sure you use the muscles in your hips and butt to perform the movements.
How to perform
* Lie down on your right side, making sure your body is in one straight line.
* Bend your right elbow and use your hand to support your head, or keep your arm down on the floor.
* Keep your left hand on the floor in front of you for support.
* Slowly lift your left leg up into the air.
* Lower your leg down without letting it touch your right leg.
* Do 20 repetitions.
* Repeat for opposite side.
4. Glute Bridges
How to perform
* Lie down on your back with arms alongside your body with your knees bent.
* Make your feet slightly wider than your hips.
* Inhale and slowly lift up your hips and butt.
* Exhale as you lower back down.
* Repeat 20 times
Do these exercises 3-5 times daily for 3 weeks to see visible results.
Content created and supplied by: Moonshine (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More