Five health benefit of turmeric
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow colour. It has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. Recently, science has started to back up what Indians have known for a long time. Turmeric contains compounds called curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin which has a lot of medicinal benefits which are:
1. It is a natural anti-inflammatory compound: It helps your body fight foreign invaders and also has a role in repairing damage.
2. Turmeric dramatically increases the antioxidant capacity of the body: Curcumin has powerful antioxidant effect. It neutralizes free radicals on its own but also stimulates your body owns enzymes.
3. It lowers the risk of heart disease: It improves the function of the endothelium and is a potent anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
4. Turmeric can help prevent cancer: Turmeric leads to several changes on the molecular level that may help prevent and perhaps even treat cancer.
5. Turmeric may help delay aging and fight age related chronic diseases.
Content created and supplied by: Melzylove (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More