People spend about 1/3 of their lives asleep. Sleep is vital. Lack of sleep causes serious damage to human health, increases the risk of many diseases, including cardiovascular, nervous system and cancer. During sleep, the body both rests and recovers, and very important processes take place in the body.
1. Blood circulation and heart rhythm slow down, the heart and blood vessels "rest". Chronic insomnia, lack of sleep overloads the heart and blood vessels, which increases the risk of cardiovascular disease.
2. The blood pressure during sleep is 5-7 mm c.st. falls down. For this reason, normal sleep plays an important role in the prevention of hypertension.
3. Hearing "works", smell "lies". That is why any loud noise can wake a person, but in most cases a sleeping person does not wake up even with a very strong smell.
4. The spine is straightened, the intervertebral discs are stretched and are in the correct position. For this reason, a person's height is 0.5-1 cm higher in the morning than in the evening.
5. Man loses weight. Adequate sleep plays an important role in the prevention of obesity.
6. Skin rejuvenates. Increases collagen synthesis, activates oxygen metabolism, stimulates skin cell renewal processes, improves skin tone, smoothes small wrinkles.
7. Decreased levels of stress hormones. This is very important for the health of the nervous, immune and cardiovascular systems.
8. The activity of the immune system is activated, the synthesis of immune cells increases. For this reason, doctors recommend that a sick person sleep more and rest more.
9. The brain systematizes the information it receives during the day. Sleep is very important for the normal functioning of the brain.
10. Increased secretion of sex hormones. Therefore, lack of sleep in men reduces potency and libido.
(Reference - https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/ss/slideshow-sleep-body-effects, https://www.healthline.com/health/why-do-we-sleep#insulin-function)
Content created and supplied by: Zeeboi598 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More