Mouth cancer is defined as any cancer that arises in any part of the mouth, including the tongue, gums, and other connective tissue. Mouth cancer, like any other cancerous tumor, can be lethal if not diagnosed early.
In this article, we'll look at a few of the causes of mouth cancer, as well as the factors that increase the risks of having the disease and the warning signs that one should be aware of.
What Triggers Mouth Cancer and How Can It Be Prevented?
1. Heavy alcohol consumption; one of the factors that can increase a risk of suffering this cancer is heavy alcohol consumption. If you are the type of person who consumes alcohol on a regular basis, you may need to reduce your intake for your own health and safety. It's also worth noting that for a guy, drinking more than two bottles of alcohol is considered excessive, whereas for a woman, drinking more than one bottle is considered excessive.
2. Tobacco usage of any form, including smoking, can raise a person's risk of developing mouth cancer. Smoking cigarettes and tobacco chewing both increase a person's risk of developing mouth cancer.
3. Another cause of mouth cancer that one must be aware of is prolonged exposure of the lips to the sun. Excessive sun exposure to the lips can increase the chance of developing mouth cancer.
What Are Some Mouth Cancer Symptoms That Shouldn't Be Ignored?
1. A sore on the lip or mouth that does not heal
2. A tumor or swelling inside your mouth
3. Mouth ache
4. Ear ache
5. Swallowing is difficult or painful.
6. The inside of your mouth has a white or reddish patch.
Source: Mayo Clinic
Content created and supplied by: Johnthecook (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More