What is toothache
Toothache or tooth pain is caused when the nerve in the root of a tooth or surrounding a tooth is irritated.
Toothache occurs from inflammation of the central portion of the tooth called pulp. The pulp contains nerve endings that are very sensitive to pain. Inflammation to the pulp or pulpitis may be caused by dental cavities, trauma, and infection. Referred pain from the jaw may cause you to have symptoms of a toothache. The first step toward relief is to find out what's wrong.
Symptoms Of Toothaches
sharp pain when you touch your tooth or bite down. tenderness and achiness in or around your tooth. painful sensitivity in your tooth in response to hot or cold foods and drinks. burning or shock-like pain, which is uncommon.
1. Sharp, throbbing, or constant pain
2. Fever or headache
3. Swelling, painful gums
4. Tooth pain that only occurs when pressure is applied
5. Bad taste in the mouth from an infection in a tooth.
You Need To Also Understand Cavities
Permanently damaged areas in teeth that develop into tiny holes.
Causes of cavities include bacteria, snacking, sipping sugary drinks and poor teeth cleaning.
Causes Of Toothaches
Tooth decay is the most common reason for toothaches. If tooth decay goes untreated, an abscess can develop. This is an infection near your tooth or in the pulp inside your tooth.
1. Repetitive motions, such as chewing gum or grinding or clenching teeth. These motions can wear down your teeth.
2. Abscessed tooth (a bacterial infection inside the center of the tooth).
3. Tooth fracture (broken tooth)
4. A damaged filling
5. Sinusitis is a condition in which your sinuses become inflamed due to a viral, bacterial, or fungal infection in your sinus cavity. Because the roots of your upper teeth are close to your sinuses, sinusitis can cause pain in your upper teeth.
6. Gum disease
Other Causes Of Toothaches
Cancer and heart disease can also cause toothaches. in some cases, toothache may be a warning sign of heart attack. Heart and lung disease can cause toothache pain due to the location of your vagus nerve. This nerve runs from your brain to the different organs in your body, including your heart and lungs. It passes through your jaw.
What Triggers Toothache
1. Eating sweet foods
2. Nothing down on anything
3. Taking cold drinks or food
4. Putting other pressure on the tooth.
This is advised because foods like meat, raw vegetables, etc., are hard to chew and can worsen toothache.
Acidic, salty, or spicy foods may irritate your gums. While you're suffering from a toothache, avoid the following food items:
Spicy and salty food
1. Cold Compress: you may use a cold compress to relieve any pain you’re experiencing, especially if any type of trauma has caused your toothache. When you apply a cold compress, it causes the blood vessels in the area to constrict. This makes pain less severe. The cold can also reduce any swelling and inflammation.
2. Garlic: for thousands of years, garlic has been recognized and used for its medicinal properties. Not only can it kill harmful bacteria that cause dental plaque, but it can also act as a pain reliever.
3.Hydrogen Peroxide Rinse: A hydrogen peroxide rinse may also help to relieve pain and inflammation. In addition to killing bacteria, hydrogen peroxide can reduce plaque and heal bleeding gums.
4. Salt And Water Rinse: for many people, a salt water rinse is an effective first-line treatment. Salt water is a natural disinfectant, and it can help loosen food particles and debris that may be stuck in between your teeth. Treating a toothache with salt water can also help reduce inflammation and heal any oral wounds.
How To Avoid Toothaches.
1. Limit your intake of sugary foods and drinks
2. Brushing two times daily with fluoride paste, the most important thing a person can do when it comes to keeping the mouth healthy
3. Drinking water regularly
4. Flossing daily. Flossing serves the same purpose as brushing. .
5. Visiting dentist twice a year can help you fight against toothache and therapy session.
Hope these article was helpful.
All images in this article are used for illustration purposes only.
Please follow, like and comment for more latest news on Health And Fitness.
Content created and supplied by: LaVida01 (via Opera News )