Sometimes we get annoyed by the popping sound that chewing of gum makes and feel its not appropriate. If gum is chewed quietly without popping bubbles or making smacking sounds it is okay. Beyond just chewing Gum there are a number of benefits you can derive from chewing gum.
Here are some of the benefits
- Helps Improve Memory and Concentration. Studies have shown that chewing gum helps improve mental performance. When gum is chewed there is an increased blood flow to the brain, which in turn increases oxygen to the brain, which helps improve cognitive and mental functions.
- Protection of the teeth. Some Dental associations recommend chewing of gum for about 20 minutes after having a meal, because it reduces cavities, plaques, gingivitis and helps tooth enamel.
- Reduces Heartburn and Acid Reflux. When you chew Gum after meal. It reduces acid in the esophagus, when gum is chewed there is increased saliva production and increased swallowing which will clear the acid faster. So for those that always have heartburn, chewing gum after meal helps.
- Helps Reduce Stress and Anxiety. Chewing gum can help relieve nervousness and make one feel calm. Studies shows that chewing of Gum helps reduce Cortisol the stress hormone.
- Gives Better Breath. As we know when we fill our breath is not pleasant we could just pop in a gum, Some Gum made with essential oils can help reduce bacteria in the mouth that causes bad breath.
- Helping Smokers Quit. Chewing gum helps reduce the craving to smoke cigarette. There are some gum made with controlled amount of nicotine that can be a replacement for cigarette.
Content created and supplied by: bellanews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More