Sildenafil, the active component of Viagra is a popularly demanded and sold drug in Nigeria (and globally) used for erectile dysfunction. It has antihypertensive effects i.e. blood pressure lowering effects which makes it useful in the treatment of pulmonary hypertension. Its popular demand has made it a drug prone to abuse.
Some side effects of sildenafil include extremely low blood pressure, blue eyes vision, ringing in the ears, dizziness, lightheadedness, blurry vision, rarely occurring blindness, long lasting painful erections, headache, flushing, back pain, stomach upset, etc.
When shouldn't you take Viagra?
- When you're on other antihypertensive medications or antianginal drugs or other heart problems such as nitroglycerin and other nitrates, etc. This can increase the risk of postural hypotension or a sudden decrease in blood pressure.
- If you don't intend to have intercourse within 4 hours, don't take sildenafil.
- Don't take it when you just finished taking alcohol or with alcohol at all.
- Don't take Viagra if you've not consulted your doctor and you have the following diseases or medical conditions:
• Heart problems; liver or kidney disease; stomach ulcers; hypertension; angina; diabetes; smoking; alcoholism; eye problems, etc.
Even the safest drug is a potential poison. Ensure you consult with your doctor or pharmacist before taking sildenafil. It could harm you if you're not careful.
Till next time, stay healthy and safe!
Content created and supplied by: Saddle (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More