Prolonged coughs tend to worsen at night. It's possible to get some rest even if a cough is keeping you up. According to WebMD, the things medical experts advice you should o when cough keeps you awake throughout the night are briefly explained below.
1. Put some pillows under your knees and try to prevent coughing for a while; you could be able to get some rest that way. Few more pillows or a recliner may be all that's needed for some people to get a good night's rest. Give it a shot for several nights; you never know if it won't help.
2. If you're coughing, sipping on something hot might help. If you're experiencing dryness in your nasal passages and upper respiratory system, try drinking hot tea with lemon juice and honey. But you shouldn't drink caffeinated teas because they'll keep you awake.
3. If the air from your ceiling fan, radiator, or air conditioner is blowing in your face while you sleep, you may want to consider rearranging your bedroom.
4. Humidifiers work by adding moisture to the air, which may alleviate coughing. That's what cool-air humidifiers are for, because without the heat of steam, you could get burned. You may avoid mold growth by keeping the humidifier clean and dry at all times.
5. Certain coughs can be temporarily alleviated with numbing compounds like benzocaine, allowing you to obtain a good night's sleep.
Content created and supplied by: Ballandama (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More