Jute leaves also known as Saluyot has the following anti-aging benefits. It contains almost all of the nutrients needed by humans. But, the most important benefit is their high antioxidant property, primarily in the form of Vitamin E. These antioxidants combine with free radicals that cause problems like arthritis, hardening of arteries, heart and kidney ailments.
Nutrition-wise, vegetables are low in calories but high in vitamins and minerals. They are also good sources of fibre. Fibre keeps the intestinal tract in good health and may even reduce the risk of some cancers and diseases.
Stem of the plant can be burned as firewood.Stalks are used for industrial products like rope, pulp, paper, fiber, and composites. Fiber is used for making gunny bags, rugs, ropes, carpets, rough cloth and many other similar articles of daily use. Light and soft wood is used in making sulphur matches.
Below are the few benefits:
1. It is used as herbal medicine to control or prevent dysentery, worm infestation and constipation.
2. It contains Vitamin A which aids in repairing the body’s cells and improves the eyesight.
3. It is rich in Vitamin C or ascorbic acid, which improves blood circulation and helps lower the risk of cataracts and other eye disorders. It also fghts off colds and flu
4. Reduces Cholesterol
Several research studies have shown that copper help to reduce the levels of “bad” cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and help to increase beneficial cholesterol (HDL cholesterol). Jute plant consists of 0.222 mg of copper which is 24.67% of the daily recommended value. This helps to lowers the chances of cardiovascular diseases like atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes.
5. It contains Vitamin E, which slows down the aches and pains associated with aging, holds infertility at bay and increases stamina.
6. Jute leave has a high percentage of calcium, which contributes to strong teeth and bones. Iron deficiency is one of the main causes of the restless leg syndrome. Low levels of iron within the blood are a main reason of the condition, so proper intake of iron supplements in necessary as per doctor’s recommendations can cure this problem. Regular consumption of Jute plant helps to get rid of this problem because Jute plant consists of 2.73 mg of Iron which is 34.13% of the daily recommended value. Muscle spasms are also one of the main symptoms of iron deficiency.
7. Jute plant consists of considerable amount of Vitamin K which is helpful in reducing the threat of bleeding in the liver, poor nutrient absorption, jaundice or the combination of long term use of antibiotics or aspirin. Some of the problems related with the gastrointestinal system due to a decrease of this vitamin include colitis, obstructions, sprue and Crohn’s disease. All these problems are due to a reduced content of Vitamin K.
Jute is a traditional remedy for aches and pains, fever, dysentery, enteritis, pectoral pains, and tumors. Leaves are used for ascites, pain, piles, and tumors.The cold infusion is said to restore the appetite and strength. An infusion is used in the treatment of dysentery, fevers, liver disorders and dyspepsia. A decoction of the roots and unripe fruits is used in the treatment of dysentery. Jute Leaves are also used for cystitis, dysuria, fever, and gonorrhea.
Content created and supplied by: Ladewumi (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More