*💞GUAVA LEAF AND MEDICINAL USES💞*
- *Body Itching caused by Allergy*
For itching caused by allergies, apply crushed guava leaves onto the affected areas.
- *Insect bites*
Apply crushed guava leaves on the affected areas.
- *Hair treatment*
Guava leaves can really help against hair loss.
Crushing the leaves and rubbing on the scalp regularly or gently massage your scalp with concentrated tea from boiled leaves will prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
- *Typhoid and Malaria fever*
Guava leaves tea is very helpful in the treatment of Typhoid and Malaria fevers.
- *Weight loss*
Guava leaves contain quercetin which inhibits the formation of fat cells and Catechin which has fats burning effects in the body.
Guava leaf tea stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar and thus suppresses appetite. This will in turn help you to reduce weight.
- *Stomach upset and constipation*
Guava leaf tea is exceptionally good for most abdominal infections because of it's antibacterial properties.
- *Stomach ulcer*
Guava leaf contains Methanol extract that's composed by volatile oil, flavonoid and saponin which works against stomach ulcers, and also promote healing effect.
- *Food poisoning*
Guava leaves also provides a great help. Chew fresh young leaves or take teas of the leaves
- *Diarrhea and Dysentery*
chew a few (about three) younger leaves. Teas from the leaves are also very effective thanks to its the strong antimicrobial properties.
- *LIVER HEALTH*
Guava leaves have a hepatoprotective activity which cure liver injuries induced by toxic drugs like paracetamol, alcohol, etc. It also protects the liver against some damaging enzymes like Bilirubin, Alkaline phosphatase, Aspartate aminotransferase, etc.
- *Prostate Cancer / Enlargement, Breast and Oral Cancers*
Guava leaves high lycopene content is vital in fighting cancers such as breasts, prostate and oral.
- *Gastric (Stomach) Cancers*
The high content of lycopene, quercetin and vitamin C in guava leaves makes it potent in the treatment of gastric (or stomach) cancers.
Guava leaf tea regulates metabolism due to its rich copper content.
- *Heart Diseases*
Reduces the risk of heart diseases and strokes because of its high anti-inflammatory, high fibre and antioxidant properties...
- *Sperm production*
Guava leaves will boost sperm production thereby increasing fertility. Hence, it's highly recommended for men battling with fertility problems.
- *Libido (Sexual desire):* Guava leaves tea will boost libido in both sexes. Work better when honey is added (in non diabetics).
- *Acne /Pimples*
Guava leaf is high in vitamin C, which helps to heal acne / pimples. It contains the antibacterial which works against the bacteria P. Acne which causes acne. Its anti-inflammatory components reduces redness and inflammation of the skin.
- *Minor cuts like scrapes or abrasion*
Apply crushed guava leaves juice to prevent infections.
- *Ear infections*
Apply cold guava leaves tea
- *Dengue Fever*
Guava leaves work against Dengue. They increase the thrombocytes and platelets in the serum.
Boil some few guava leaves (about 5 to 6 or a tablespoonful of powder from dried leaves) in little water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half. Take as tea thrice a day. Repeat daily until you feel better or relief.
Guava leaves extract has a strong antibacterial effect against Vibrio cholerae .
Guava leaf tea is great for diabetics. The high fibre content slows down the absorption of sugar in the blood. It prevents Type 2 diabetes from developing. The Catechin in guava leaves controls the blood glucose level - It has a hypoglycemic effect in the body.
To relieve toothache, chew guava leaves or apply leaves past on affected tooth/teeth.
- *Inflamed Gums and Mouth Sores*
For inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity, chew guava leaves and also take hot guava leaves tea with pure honey.
Crush several guava leaves and stir in a little bit of water and applied on skin to remove blackheads naturally. Use this instead of your regular face cleaners that have toxic chemicals.
7 to 10 younger fresh leaves (or 5 to 6 older ones) should be boiled with 1 liter of water in a closed pot over a gentle flame
1 tablespoonful of the powder of dried leaves boiled in 1 Liter of Water in same way.
Adults should take one glass thrice a day.
Children from six months and above should be given in smaller doses depending on age.
*Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers*
- Guava leaves are good for all including pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. But for pregnant mothers, the doses should be reduced by half, that is, about 4 to 5 younger and fresh leaves prepared with a liter of water. I am conscious that, there are many researchers who say the leaves are completely not good for pregnant women. But from practical experience, I recommend minimum doses for pregnant women. These minimum doses are beneficial to them. Nb: The problem here is the doze and not the leaf...For example, honey is good and beneficial to pregnant women, but higher doses will cause abortions. Same goes to potent plants like guava leaves and a host of others... There's no proven evidence that they are harmful to babies through mothers' milk but mere assumptions. I read what others publish too, then compare with my long time practical experience before concluding...
- It may give headache when taken in very high doses.
- It may cause excessive menstrual bleeding in some women.
We thank the Omnipotent and Omniscient Creator for all his blessing of life of which Guava is one of them.
Please share with friends and family
And comment if you have any opinion
Content created and supplied by: studio.opera.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More