Lemon grass has so many health benefits. Accordingly to WebMd, lemon grass also contains substances that are thought to relieve pain and swelling, reduce fever, improve levels of sugar, stimulate the uterus and menstrual flow.
Lemon grass also has antioxidant properties. However, despite it's health benefits, there are still certain groups of people that are not meant to comsume lemon grass or, lemon grass tea because of the health implication it can cause for them.
Image: The Guardian Nigeria
Here Are Five (5) Groups Of People That Should Not Consume Lemon Grass
1. Pregnant Women: women who are pregnant are advised not to eat lemon grass or lemon grass tea because of, the effects it could have on their unborn child.
Lemon grass contains some properties that can cause the unborn child to develop certain birth defects.
Image: Everyday Health
2. People Taking Diuretic Medications: diuretics are a kind of medication that are prescribed to people who have certain medical conditions like; heart failure, liver failure etc.
One the benefits of lemon grass is that is acts as a diuretic. This means that, consuming lemon grass in addition to taking diuretics can result in an overdose which is dangerous.
3. People Who Are Treating Cancer With Chemotherapy: certain strong medications are introduced into the body to kill the cancer cells. One of such method of cancer treatment is chemotherapy.
People who are undergoing chemotherapy should not consume lemon grass because, it is believed that, lemon grass may interfer with the chemotherapeutic agents which is bad.
4. People Who Have Low Heart Rate: according to Healthline, lemon grass may help to reduce high systolic blood pressure. Studies also shows that, people who consumed lemon grass or lemon grass tea experienced a drop in their systolic blood pressure.
Therefore, people who already have low heart rate should refrain from consuming lemon grass because, it could lead to a potentially deadly drop in their heart rate.
5. People Who Have Low Potassium Levels: potassium is a mineral that is essential to the body. Low potassium can cause certain problems. Low potassium levels can be caused by a number of factors one of which is the use of diuretics.
It is believed that, lemon grass has diuretic properties which makes it bad for people who have low potassium levels.
I Hope You Found This Article Useful? Like, Share, Comment, And Follow. I Am Shinysatellitepotiskum
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More