Are you putting yourself at risk with this items in your house.
They do the job of getting you from one floor of your house to the next, but stairs are also dangerous. According to the National safety council, over a million injuries take place on stairs every year. Infact, An estimated 12,000 people die from falling down steps each year. Be sure you go barefoot whenever possible, go slowly and use the hand rail.
2. Wood stove
Your wood stove maybe cozy, but according to the American Lung Association, it puts you at risk for lung cancer ♋. Improperly vented stoves can also put you at risk for a house fire 🔥 or carbon monoxide poisoning.
Candles create an incredibly relaxing vibe, so much so that people tend to forget about them! The National Fire 🔥 Prevention Association reports that candles cause approximately three percent of all home fires 🔥. On average, 25 candle - related fires 🔥 break out every single day. Be sure to keep your home safe by never burning more than a couple candles 🕯️ at a time, never leave any candle unattended and never forget to blow them out when you leave the room.
4. Hot plates
Your small apartment may require you to get creative, like using a space - saving hot plate.
Unfortunately, this appliance can cause a serious burns and start an electrical fire 🔥, so use it with caution.
5. Light bulbs
Not only can using the wrong light bulb in your lamp create the wrong lighting, but it can also put you at risk for a fire. Many CFL light bulbs contain Mercury, which can be harmful to humans and pets. Be sure that if you break a bulb, you turn off your ventilation system, make sure everyone has left the room, open a window, and be sure to both wet and dry clean any areas where the bulb may have shattered.
6. Hot Tubs
While it's certainly relaxing, your hot tub does more than just offer you a pleasant place to unwind. Hot tubs can cause people to suffer potentially - fatal heat exposure. The combination of people and heat also creates ideal breeding grounds for flesh - eating bacteria.
Batteries may seem harmless, but the acid inside is highly corrosive. It can burn your eyes and skin, and can be fatal if ingested.
8. Exercise Equipment
Having a gym at home is a great way to skip the crowds and save on a membership, but there are some downsides too. According to the U.S. CONSUME PRODUCT SAFTY COMMISSION, nearly 460,000 people are in U.S. hospitals each year for exercise equipment related injuries. There have even been 30 deaths related to exercise equipment annually, so be careful.
9. Antibacterial soap
Seem counter - intuitive, but despite antibacterial soaps' claim of warding off harmful diseases and bacteria, the triclosoan and triclorcarbon is actually harmful. The FDA notes that the soap can be linked to creating antibiotic resistant bacteria and it is not biodegradable.
10. Non - stick pots and pans
Most non-stick pans are coated Polytetrafluoroethylene (aka Teflon). There are concerns that if this chemical leaches out of the coating of flakes off into food as the pan woars out, the exposure could be harmful, if you won't give up your non-stick pots and pans, at least get ride of them when they develop scratches and chips.
Research has found that states with more guns see more accidental deaths from firearms, and children age 5 to 14 are 11 times more likely to be killed with a gun in the U.S. compared to other developed countries. Caulk guns, however, are not dangerous.
A clean chimney is important for your safety. When you burn wood in a fire place, the soot can stick to the inside of the chimney. Eventually, this buildup blocks the proper exit of smokes and put you at risk for lung damage, house fire, or carbon monoxide poisoning.
13. Your couch
It's your cozy, soothing place to chill out , but according to HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL, being a couch potato contributes to heart disease, diabetes and early death. Get up off that couch already!
14. Your bed
Sleep is necessary, and yet your bed, the place you rest your head night after night, can also kill you A Study Conducted By The CDC concluded that 737 Americans died annually from 2004 to 2014 by falling out of bed. Infact, you're more likely to die from falling out of bed than in a plane crash.
15. Hair dryers
Many find a hair dryer an essential part of their beauty routine, but did you know that they can put you at risk for dropped in water, such as a sink or tub, they can pose a serious electrocution treat.
16. Aerosol cans
Although convenient for spray paint and hair spray, aerosol cans are bad for the environment and your health. Victims have died from huffing the fumes, while others have been killed by an exploding aerosol can hitting them on the head.
According to the AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF POISON CONTROL CENTERS, an avarage of 23 deaths occur each year.
18. A blocked sewer
It's gross to think about, but dealy to deal with. A blocked sewer results in methane and other gases being released into your home. Methane gas can cause headaches, heart palpitations, dizziness and unconsciousness. Be sure to immediately call a licensed plumber if you smell sewage!
19. Damaged Electrical Outlets.
Exposed electrical outlets can put you and your family at a major risk for getting electrocuted. THE U.S. CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY COMMISSION accounts for nearly 200 people dying from home electrocutions per year. Prevent accidents by calling a licensed electrician to fix or repair damaged electrical outlets and wiring.
20. Throw Bugs
Small throw rugs may protect your floors, but for the elderly, they can be a major harzard. Also watch for area rug edges that curl up you can secure them with double faced carpet tap.
Thanks for reading this Article please follow, comment and share please.💖💖💖
Content created and supplied by: AmadiFrancis (via Opera News )