(Iru, ogiri, dawdaw)
Do you know Most people detest the locust beans because of the unpleasant smell but unknown to them, locust bean is beneficial to its consumers.
This is what our fathers first used as spice.
Locust beans is also a local ingredient for soup and stew such Vegetable, Egusi, Ewedu, and so on.
There are various health benefits that can be derived from locust beans, one of such is that it contains nutrients like protein which build and repair tissues in the body, carbohydrate which is a source of energy to man’s body. It also helps to fuel the brain, kidney, heart muscles and the central nervous system. Fat and calcium are also included in locust beans.
According to research, Locust Beans contains tannin and astringent substances found in many plants.
Some benefits of the plant are listed herein
1. Locust beans make vision clearer: Consumption of locust beans helps to give good eyesight to people who have eye problem such as cataract, minus eyes, myopia, glaucoma and the rest because it also contain natural nutrient that can maintain eye health
2. Locust beans treat stroke: A stroke is a disruption of oxygenated blood to the brain. It is also usually associated with cholesterol and high blood pressure one of the most convenient way to treat the sickness is to consume locust beans regularly.
3. Use to control cholesterol: Cholesterol causes blockage of blood vessels, which can lead to heart-related diseases. The consumption of locust beans can control this menace.
4. Locust beans treat Diarrhea: Locust beans can serve as a local medicine for diarrhoea, (which is a condition where a person excretes in liquid form repeatedly) because it contains a nutrient called tannis and the substance works for diarrhea medicine
5. Locust Beans treat hypertension: Hypertension, also known as high blood pressure is when the pressure of blood pumped through the arteries is higher than it should be. The consumption of locust beans can serve as a local medication for patients suffering this disease.
Content created and supplied by: studio.opera.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More