Nevertheless, there are often things we can all do simply by articulating a suggestion that will clearly be something that benefits everyone. These kinds of ideas are actually quite difficult to ignore, even in the least creative workplace!
1. Create conditions where employees have maximum control over their working lives, for example, by sharing as much information as possible or by encouraging teams to manage themselves.
2. Offer learning opportunity for all staff, including some time to that can be used for for personal development.
3. Ensure that every employee thinks about their goals for the week ahead a week before, and their goals for tommorow the day before or early on the day questions.
4. Establish a culture where it is expected that individuals will ask for help throughout the day if they are unable to prioritize their own work load.
5. Create flexible work arrangements for as many staff as possible.
6. Encourage people to take breaks by taking them yourself.
7. Encourage employees to take physical exercise, learn yoga, autogenic training, meditation, sitting posture, regular breathing and other useful techniques.
8. Encourage everyone to share their one favorite stress buster and display these as posters or on your intrarnet.
9. Tell jokes, encourage others and actively seek to find the funny side in all that goes on at work.
10. Spend the last hour of the day on the least stressful things. For example, telephone calls, thinking about their next day or tidying up.
Enjoy your reading.
Content created and supplied by: Alabiishola (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More