Salt is an ingredient at home that can perform so many things.
Salt isn't only used to cook but also as a home remedy.
Yes too much of salt isn't good for the body especially for those with hypertension but using it moderately and with caution won't cause any harm.
Here are the uses of salt:
1. Sore throat: Gargling half teaspoon of salt dissolved in a cup of warm water can ease swelling and make a sore, scratchy throat feel better.
2. Canker sores: Rinsing your mouth with salt water can ease the pain and help you heal faster. Stir a teaspoon of salt into a half cup of warm water. Swish and spit. Do this several times a day until your canker sores don't bother you anymore.
3. Runny or stuffy nose: Salt is a proven way to help you breathe easier when you've got a cold, the flu, or allergies. And it's very affordable. You can buy and use saline nose drops at any pharmacy around you.
4. Ingrown toenail: This is when the edge of your toenail curves down and gets trapped in your skin. It often affects the big toe, and it can really hurt.
To ease swelling and tenderness, soak your foot in warm salt water several times a day. Follow with antibiotic ointment and a bandage. See your doctor if it doesn't improve or gets worse.
5. Heartburn: Baking soda is a type of salt, and it's also a natural antacid. Stir about a teaspoon into a glass of cold water after a meal.
If you get heartburn a lot, don't keep treating it yourself. See a doctor to make sure there's nothing else going on. And keep in mind that baking soda has sodium in it. If you're on a low-salt diet, your doctor might want you to try a different type of antacid instead.
6. Insect bites or stings: A paste made from baking soda and a little bit of water can help with any itching, stinging, or minor swelling. It also helps with rashes from hives or from contact with plants.
Content created and supplied by: MatronJcares (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More