Pregnancy loss is a heartbreaking turn of events which is very common this days. However, a miscarriage is also known as a "spontaneous abortion", which results in the loss of a fetus before 20 weeks of pregnancy and it usually happens during the first trimester, or first three months of the pregnancy.
Well not just because it often takes place early in pregnancy does mean that miscarriage isn’t painful for expectant parents. It's also important for you to know that miscarriage is not your fault and most parents don't talk about it openly. However, miscarriages can happen for a variety of medical reasons and alot of them aren’t in your control. But the ability of you knowing the risk factors, signs and causes can help you get more understanding and treatment for it.
What are the causes of miscarriage?
Miscarriage often occurs in your first trimester due to "chromosomal abnormality" which tells that something is wrong with your baby’s chromosomes. However, the expulsion of the embryo (fetus) from the uterus can be caused by many factors ranging from genetic defects in the baby's to immune reactions in the mother’s body. Most chromosomal abnormalities are the major cause of a damaged egg, damage sperm cells and even a problem at zygote division process.
What are the chances of having miscarriage?
1. Well women under the age of 35 have 15 percent chances of having miscarriage and also those of age 35 to 45 years have 20 to 35% chances of miscarriage. While women over the age of 45 have 50% chance of miscarriage.
2. Also women who has had miscarriage previously has about 25% chance of having another.
Here are some of the common symptoms of miscarriage:
1. Heavy spotting
2. Lighter vaginal bleeding that lasts for more than three days.
3. Discharge of tissue or fluid from your vagina.
4. Cramping or pain in your lower back or abdomen.
5. Sudden loss or disappearance in signs of pregnancy such as nausea and breast tenderness.
Before you can be able to tackle the issue of miscarriage, it's very important you know the causes as it will help you get rid of this problem faster.
Causes of miscarriage includes:
1. Improper implantation of the egg into the uterine lining.
2. Maternal trauma
3. Some lifestyles like smoking, drugs, alcohol, caffeine intake etc.
4. Maternal age
5. Hormonal problems or infections.
6. Genetic or chromosonal issues.
7. Poor diets or malnutrition
8. Untreated thyroid disease
11. Cervix problems
12. High blood pressure
13. Abnormal shape of uterus (womb)
How can I prevent miscarriage?
Well here are some effective ways to prevent it:
1. It is expected that you take about 400 mg of folic acid every day, just at the beginning for atleast 1 to 2 months before conception.
2. Eat a healthy and a well-balanced diet.
3. Avoid stress
4. Maintain a normal weight
5. Avoid smoking and alcohol
6. Avoid radiation and rays
Content created and supplied by: Joebaby (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More