Afang soup is one of the most popular soup in Nigeria. This soup is prepared with Afang leaf and is mostly common among the Efik people. Efiks are found in Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers state. This leaf contains dietary fiber, potassium, calcium, protein, copper and so many other nutrients that are essential to the body and good for the health. Here are some of the health benefits of eating this soup often.
Photo Credit: Potsofsoups
1) It helps in weight loss : Those who want to loss weight should learn to eat Afang soup more often. This is because it contains dietary fiber that increases metabolism and aids in digestion.
2) It is good for the heart : Afang leaf helps in managing blood pressure and even blood sugar. It also replaces bad cholesterol by supplying good cholesterol to the heart. This leaf also contains vital nutrients that reduces the risk of heart disease in people and can slow the progression of it.
3) It is good for pregnancy : This is because it helps stop early morning nausea and vomiting which is usually common in the early stages of pregnancy. It also helps to reduce pain during childbirth.
4) It makes bones and teeth strong : Afang contains calcium which is very essential for the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
5) Afang leaf contains Iodine which helps the thyroid gland to function properly. It also prevents goitre which is a disease caused by deficiency of iodine in the body.
6) It is very good for reproductive health : This soup also helps to boost fertility in both males and females. This is because it increases blood flow to the reproductive organs and also increases the desire for intimacy.
7) It treats constipation : This leaf contains dietary fiber that act as laxative and help the body to pass stool easily thereby preventing constipation.
Content created and supplied by: AngelaIdemor (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More