According to Healthline", Eczema is a condition in which patches of skin become inflamed, itchy, cracked, and rough. Some types can also cause blisters. Home remedies and medical treatment can help manage and prevent flares. Certain foods, such as nuts and dairy, can trigger indications of eczema. Environmental triggers can include smoke, pollen, soaps, and fragrances. Eczema is not contagious. However, here are the causes and treatments of eczema.
General eczema symptoms
In most cases eczema indications are mild. The most common symptoms of atopic dermatitis comprise.
dry, scaly skin
open, crusted, or weeping sores
People with severe eczema may need more intensive treatment to relieve their symptoms. Continuous rubbing and scratching can also lead to skin infections.
1. Irritants These include soaps, detergents, shampoos, disinfectants, and juices from fresh fruits, meats, and vegetables.
2. Allergens. Dust mites, pets, pollens, and mold can all lead to eczema. This is known as allergic eczema.
3. Microbes. These comprise bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, viruses, and certain fungi.
Hot and cold temperatures: Very hot and very cold weather, high and low humidity, and perspiration from exercise can bring out eczema.
4. Foods. Dairy products, eggs, nuts and seeds, soy products, and wheat can cause eczema flares.
5 Stress. This is not a direct cause of eczema, but it can make the indications worse.
5. Hormones Females may experience increased eczema indications when their hormone levels are changing, such as during pregnancy and at certain points in the menstrual cycle.
How to treat eczema
1. taking lukewarm baths
2. applying moisturizer within 3 minutes of bathing to “lock in” moisture
3. moisturizing every day
4. wearing cotton and soft fabrics
5. avoiding rough, scratchy fibers and tight-fitting clothing
6. using a humidifier in dry or cold weather
7. Use a mild soap or a non-soap cleanser when washing
8. Take extra precautions to prevent eczema flares in winter.
Content created and supplied by: Tonybestie (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More