CPR stands for Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, it is an emergency life saving technique performed on people who just suffered an heart attack or cardiac arrest. Also performed in cases of drowning or fainting.
It is a first aid procedure that anyone can learn inorder to save someone's life in cases of emergency. Mostly done before the arrival of a professional health practitioner or Doctor, these are the 7 steps you can take in performing CPR in case the need arises;
1. Position your hands on the top of the Patients chest and ensure they lie down with their backs on a firm surface.
2. Interlock your fingers inorder to double up the pressure that will be applied on their chest.
3. Give chest compressions inorder to restart Patient's heartbeat.
4. Open Airways, this is done by opening Patient's mouth.
5. Perform rescue breaths, after opening Patient's mouth, you start breathing in air inorder to maintain their breathing.
6. Watch chest fall, do this to know if there is progress in Patient's breathing or heartbeat.
7. Restart chest compressions, if no sign of progress, continue with compression and also rescue breaths inorder to resuscitate the Patient.
Hopefully these steps are of great help and assist in saving someone's life out there.
Thanks for reading.
Content created and supplied by: DatonyeVibes (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More