Food is very essential for human survival. However, to get the full benefits of food we have to avoid doing certain things after eating.
There are a lot things people do after eating without realizing that it is wrong and can cause the food they ate to go into the wrong places.
Here Are Five Things You Should Never Do Immediately After Eating
1. Do Not Drink Tea Or Coffee: drinking a cup of tea or coffee after eating may seem harmless to people because, they are unaware of the implication the interaction these seemingly ordinary drink will have with the food they just ate.
Studies have shown that, drinking tea or coffee within one hour of eating can interfere with digestion. If you must drink tea or coffee, make sure you drink it one hour after your meal.
2. Smoking: ordinarily, smoking is bad for the health and can cause a lot of serious health problems like, heart diesease and lung cancer.
Smoking after eating is very bad because, it obstructs the absorption of minerals and nutrients contained in the food the smoker consumed thereby, preventing the body from getting the essential nutrients it needs.
Image: Istock Photos
3. Showering: after eating, the body will need to digest the food and to do so, it has to direct blood to the digestive system to aid it in its digestive function.
However, taking a shower after eating redirects that blood that is meant for the digestive system to the skin thereby, interrupting the digestive process. Make sure you wait for at least 30 minutes after eating to take a shower.
Image: Alamy Stock Photo
4. Sleep: sleeping is very important as it helps to repair, rejuvenate and refresh the body. However, sleeping after eating is a terrible idea.
According to the Times of India, when you lie down, many digestive juices travel in opposite direction and as a result, the entire digestion process is affected badly. It is important to wait for at least 90 minutes after eating before going to bed.
Image: Istock Photos
5. Exercising: exercising is very good, but even good things can turn bad when we do them at the wrong time. According to healthy shots, exercising right after meals can disrupt your digestion process.
You may even experience vomiting, stomach puffiness, and loose motions. It is best to wait for 2 hours after meal before exercising because by then the food must have digested.
Image: Verywell Health
I Hope You Found This Article Helpful? Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More