According to Healthline, ways you can lower the effect of period symptoms include:
1. Ibuprofen. Taking over-the-counter ibuprofen can help relieve cramps for a few hours at a time. It may also help lower blood loss. Naproxen (Aleve) and aspirin also work. Try taking them about one hour before you step out.
2. Menstrual cups. You can skip pads and tampons and use a menstrual cup rather. Menstrual cups are worn inside the female organ and catch your period's blood. They can be worn for up to twelve hours at a time and I1 Oh can be reused.
3. Period panties. These absorbent undergarments can be worn on their own or with tampons and pads as backup prevention. They’re made to comfortably absorb the equivalent of two tampons’ worth of blood.
4. Heating pad. This will not slow your flow, but a heating pad can work wonders on cramps. Before you head out, apply one to your lower abdomen for fifteen to twenty minutes.
5. Self-gratification. self-gratification is an easy and enjoyable way to control your period symptoms. Let your fingers or a. intercourse toy do the walking and make you reach your intercourse peak to relieve menstrual cramps and slow your flow.
Content created and supplied by: BetterHealth. (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More