According to MayoClinic,There are several ways to prevent HIV infection:
1. Practice safe sex: Use condoms every time you have vaginal, anal, or oral sex. This can reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
2. Get tested: If you are sexually active or have been in a high-risk situation, it's important to get tested regularly for HIV.
3. Don't share needles: If you use intravenous drugs, don't share needles with others.
4. Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP): This is a medication that can be taken daily by people at high risk of HIV infection to reduce the risk of transmission.
5. Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP): If you think you've been exposed to HIV, you can take PEP within 72 hours of exposure to reduce the risk of infection.
6. Consider male circumcision: Male circumcision has been shown to reduce the risk of HIV transmission during vaginal sex with a female partner.
1. There is currently no cure for HIV, but there are medications available that can suppress the virus and prevent it from causing damage to the immune system. These medications are called antiretroviral therapy (ART) or highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART).
2. The goal of HIV treatment is to reduce the amount of HIV in the blood to undetectable levels. This can improve the health of people living with HIV, reduce the risk of transmitting the virus to others, and increase life expectancy.
3. It's important to start HIV treatment as soon as possible after diagnosis and to take the medication exactly as prescribed by a healthcare provider. Adhering to the treatment plan is crucial for its effectiveness. In addition to ART, people with HIV may also need treatment for other health conditions associated with HIV, such as opportunistic infections or cancer.
Content created and supplied by: Jidderhluv (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More