Starting from a universal background, Mango, which is also referred to as Mangifera indica, is called the king of fruits. From the name it's called one can easily detect that this fruit is indeed a full package. Mango is a "drupe", or stone fruit, which means that it contains a large seed in the middle.
There are over a hundred (100) species or type of mango and no two are the same. They all have a specific and unique taste, shape and colour. We will all agree that this fruit is very attractive and sweet, but there is more to it, as it's boasts an impressive nutritional profile.
Studies as shown that this fruit and it's nutrients has a lot of health benefits which includes; improved immunity, digestive health and eyesight, as well as a lower risk of certain cancers.
Now, quickly let's check out some packed nutritional composition in mango.
Mango is low in calories but full of nutrients.
One cup (165 grams) of sliced mango provides;
Protein: 1.4 grams
Carbs: 24.7 grams:
Fat: 0.6 grams
Dietary fibre: 2.6 grams
VitaminC: 67% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
Copper: 20% of the RDI
Folate: 18% of the RDI
Vitamin B6: 11.6% of the RDI
VitaminA: 10% of the RDI
VitaminE: 9.7% of the RDI
VitaminB5: 6.5% of the RDI
VitaminK: 6% of the RDI
Niacin: 7% of the RDI
Potassium: 6% of the RDI
Riboflavin: 5% of the RDI
Manganese: 4.5% of the RDI
Thiamine: 4% of the RDI
Magnesium: 4% of the RDI
Here is the summary of the 5 health benefits of mango;
1. Mango contains vitamin C, which gives your skin its elasticity and prevents sagging and wrinkling. It also provides vitamin A, which promotes healthy hair. Are you looking for a good a growth? Try mango.
2. Mango polyphenols may fight oxidative stress, which is associated with colon, lung, prostate, breast and bone cancers. This is an awesome benefit because it protects you from any form of cancer.
3. Mango is delicious and can be enjoyed in many ways. However, it contains more sugar than many other fruits.
4. Mango contains magnesium, potassium and the antioxidant mangiferin, which all support healthy heart function.
5. Mango has digestive enzymes, water, dietary fiber and other compounds which are necessary for the different aspects of digestive health.
If this was of any use to you or if you learnt something new from here, do well to drop a like and also follow this page to get more information and related articles.
Content created and supplied by: Tastebuds (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More