Blockage or occlusion of the blood vessels is usually due to accumulation of cholesterol in the walls of the blood vessels known as atherosclerotic plaques. This build-up of cholesterol, or "bad" cholesterol to be specific can cause a heart disease known as atherosclerosis. Foods that help in controlling the level of cholesterol in the blood helps to prevent the blockage of the blood vessels. This is the rationale for the use of diet in prevent blockage of the blood vessels.
Your blood vessels are responsible for the transportation or carrying of oxygenated blood (blood containing oxygen) from the heart to every other part of the body including the heart itself. In simpler words, they are conduits for the movement of blood to all parts of the body.
Basically, they function like pipes, and just like pipes any form of blockage or impediment can lead to an obstruction of the flow of blood which means the heart will have to work harder to pump blood to parts of their body.This can lead to a condition known as ventricular hypertrophy which is basically the build up of more layers of muscle on the walls of heart ventricles (especially the left ventricle).
In more serious or severely cases where the blood vessels is completely blocked, severe cases such as myocardial infarction, and hypoxia of other organs. The foods below can help combat the accumulation of cholesterol in the walls of the blood vessels and thus help to prevent these heart diseases.
1. Garden-Egg Soup. This soup is prepared using garden egg as the major ingredient. Garden egg has a good amount of valuable ingredients such as soluble fibre which helps to lower the level of low density cholesterol (bad cholesterol) in the body. By lower the level of this type of cholesterol in the body, it helps to prevent it's accumulation and thus helps to prevent blockage of the blood vessels.
2. Beans Porridge. Beans also contains soluble fibre which helps to lower the level of cholesterol in the body by reducing the rate of it's absorption through the digestive tract. By doing this, accumulation of low density cholesterol in the walls of the blood vessels is prevented.
3. Okra Soup. Okra like the aforementioned foods contains soluble fibre as well which helps to lower the level of cholesterol in the blood to help prevent the blockage of blood vessels.
4. Oil Rice. Contains fibre which helps lower the level of cholesterol in the blood.
5. Roasted cashew Nuts. Same as the others (contains soluble fibre which helps lower the level of cholesterol in blood).
6. Spinach soup (know as Ugu soup). This food also contains fibre which helps to control the level of cholesterol and thus helps to prevent blockage of the blood vessels.
Content created and supplied by: MadamTessy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More