Menstruation is when a woman's eggs are ready to be fertilized by sperm. In the absence of the sperm, the eggs rupture and come out in a form of blood. It sometimes gives some women unbearable pains and could last for 3-5days. Highly varies from woman to woman. Anything longer than a week, the doctor should be contacted.
Things you should know about menstruation
1. A girl should be taught how to take care of herself before she starts menses. She should be well informed, to avoid embarrassment, to avoid unwanted pregnancy and not to fix a wedding date that falls close to her expected menstrual date, in order not to disorganize her honeymoon.
2. A girl that does not menstruate should contact God fervently. It could be a sign of barrenness.
3. There's regular and irregular menses, in a case of irregular menses, contact your doctor. It is normal if pains are not involved.
4. Some women don't see menses during breast feeding while others do. If you do, take precaution. It could result to another sudden and unexpected pregnancy.
5. Avoid too much food if you experience heavy flow during menses. Too sweet and hot tea should also be avoided during menses, except if you want the flow.
6. If you menstruate more than once a month, it's a sign of abnormality, contact a doctor.
7. Some women still menstruate even after 50 years. Medical advise should be sort.
Content created and supplied by: InsidegistBlog (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More