According to healthline a large number of smartphone users (65%) place their phones on their mattresses as they sleep. However, sleeping close to your phone can have harmful effects on your health. Here are some reasons why you should avoid this habit, as suggested by Medicalnewstoday:
1. Disrupts sleep: Having your phone close to you can cause disturbances in your sleep. Notifications, alerts, or calls can cause interruptions that disrupt your sleep, leading to reduced sleep quality.
2. Increases brain activity: Studies have shown that continuous exposure to electromagnetic radiation can damage the blood-brain barrier, which can lead to albumin flowing into the brain. This radiation can also speed up the brain's blood glucose activity.
3. May increase cancer risk: Although there is no clear evidence linking mobile phones to cancer, long-term exposure to phone radiation can be dangerous. The World Health Organization has issued a discretionary warning to keep phones away from young children. Different researchers have claimed the opposite.
4. Reproductive problems: Exposure to electromagnetic radiation during pregnancy may lead to genetic defects in unborn children. In addition, male sperm production and quality may be affected.
5. Fire risk: Placing phones under pillows or mattresses can lead to fire incidents. There have been cases where phones have caused fires, leading to property damage and injuries.
To avoid these health risks, it is advisable to keep your phone at least three feet away from your bed. If you need your phone as an alarm clock, keep it in another room. Getting a good night's sleep is essential for maintaining good health and well-being, and reducing your phone usage before bedtime can help you achieve this.
Content created and supplied by: BeepMedia (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More