As people age, their body metabolism declines, their bone density reduces, and their organ and brain function declines. Certain diseases like, Alzheimer's can cause people to lose their memory. This memory loss disease usually affects people who are up to 70 years and above. However, people who are as young as 60 years can begin to experience memory loss which manifests itself through forgetfulness.
Image: University Hospitals
Suffering from memory loss diseases like, Alzheimer's can make a person's old age terrible, it can also make the lives of the people around them borderline miserable especially, since there are no care homes in Nigeria where their loved ones can send them to.
Memory loss diseases like dementia and Alzheimer's can not be prevented or, cured however, studies have shown that, low key domestic tasks can lower the risk of memory loss disease especially, if these tasks are done everyday.
Here Are Five Housework People Who Are Up To 60 Years Should Do Everyday To Avoid Memory Loss Disease
1. Cooking: cooking is probably the most common housework in people's home because, food is a basic necessity of life.
Studies have shown that, cooking often reduces people's risk of having memory loss diseases like, Alzheimer's.
2. Cleaning: cleaning is another household work that is done regularly to keep the house neat and sparkling.
People who are up to 60 years should do household cleaning like, cleaning surfaces and floors regularly because, it helps protect them from Alzheimer's disease.
3. Organising: organizing can be very therapeutic. People who are up to 60 years or even less should, engage themselves with organizing activities such as folding clothes, arranging shoes, arranging books, organising your kitchen etc.
Tidying and organizing is highly recommended for older people because studies have shown that, it reduces their risk of developing memory loss diseases.
Image: The Spruce
4. Gardening: gardening is simply the process of planting, tending, and cultivating plants like, flowers, herbs, and vegetables in a small scale.
Gardens do not require much land, a land the size of a center table is enough to garden. Studies have shown that, gardening very often reduces the risk of memory loss diseases.
Image: The Active Times
5. General Housework: general housework, like sweeping, lifting things, clearing grass, mowing lawns, washing clothes etc are highly recommended as they help to reduce the risk of memory loss diseases like dementia and Alzheimer's.
Image: Alamy Stock Photo
I Hope You Found This Article Useful? Like, Share, Comment, And Follow. I Am Shinysatellitepotiskum.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More