Don't forget to drop us a comment and share to your friends and family at the end of the article.
Good day all, this article is just meant to correct some grammatical errors we encounter or rather, commonly use in our day to day activities. Also, it is important to note that English as a language can change anytime, it is not always the same. Without wasting much of your time, let's dive straight to business.
1) I bought a life chicken. This statement is wrong because chicken means that the fowl has been cooked, so it doesn't go with life. Rather say, i bought a life fowl.
2) Don't say i live my life the way I want it, rather say i lead my life the way I want it, we lead our lives and not live our lives. E shock you?
3) Meanwhile, don't mistake burial for funeral. burial is the lowering of corpse in the grave (internment). Funeral is a celebration held in remembrance of the dead.
4) We don't cut clothes according to our sizes anymore, rather we cut our clothes according to our clothe. English do change so don't be surprised.
5) Also, don't say you can't eat your cake and have it, rather say you can't have your cake and eat it. E shock you? Well, like I said earlier English as a language is so flexible, that is to say that it can easily change.
6) Stop asking people how was your night? this statement is actually not wrong but it is offensive, or it invades people's privacy. It means how was the s*x last night. There are many ways to ask people that question, because it is the commonest thing we ask while chatting. You could ask, i hope slept well last night and so on.
7) Never mistake seminar for workshop. seminar is the theoretical aspect and workshop is the practical aspect.
8) Don't say everyone know my name or everything have finished, this is so because of the rule of English Concord on indefinite pronoun. Indefinite pronoun are words like everyone, nobody, everything and so on, whenever you see any of these words, just use a singular verb. So say everyone knows my name or everything has finished.
9) Don't say it is time we go home, rather say it is time we went home. This is because whenever we have two main verbs in a sentence, both verbs cannot be used in the same tense but in different tenses.
10) Don't say i travelled to Lagos with my car, rather say i travelled to Lagos by my car. Because by shows means of transportation.
That's all for today, check us out for more of these, feel free to ask us any question.
What are your thoughts on this? Kindly leave a comment on the comment section below on your thoughts and opinions about this and don't forget to share with friends. Don't forget to follow us by clicking the follow button above on the top right corner of your phone screen to follow us for more entertaining news and celebrity gists.
Content created and supplied by: Jazzyupdates (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More