SCIENTIFIC NAME : Jatropha tajorensis
FAMILY : Euphorbiaceae
COMMON NAMES :Catholic vegetable,
Iyana-Ipaja (Yoruba), Ugu-Oyibo (Igbo),
This vegetable is planted and consumed by indegenes of Southern Nigeria.
I like this vegetable in egusi soup
The importance of this vegetable to human nutrition and wellness is still not fully harnessed and given its due place.
It is still one of nature’s underutilized herbs in this part of the world.
Enumerating them one after the other would create the impression that this vegetable is almost a cure-all.
Let us look at 6 health benefits of consuming “hospital too far” just to buttress its medicinal values.
1. As a SUPER ANTIOXIDANT herb, Jatropha tajorensis is good at preventing the onset of degenerative diseases;
it is excellent in knocking off free radicals and stemming the harm on vital organs resulting from oxidative stress.
2. It is beneficial in the treatment of DIABETES MELLITUS and this is due to its confirmed HYPOGLYCEMIC action.
3. This vegetable is useful in the treatment of MALARIA.
4. Many patients have benefited in using this plant to manage their HYPERTENSION health challenges.
5. Jatropha tajorensis is an excellent BLOOD BUILDING herb and as such can be recommended to treat ANEMIA in young and old.
6. It supports SPERMATOGENESIS (formation of sperm cells in the testes) .
Big things and big results always lie in “small” things. When we start paying attention to these “small” things in our immediate environment we start achieving BIG RESULTS
God as endowed us so much with natural resources .
Pls share and comment
Content created and supplied by: studio.opera.com (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More