Tiger nut is one of the most popular nuts in Nigeria. Tiger nuts are consumed by a lot people in Nigeria. Many people love eating tiger nut because of its sweet taste and crunchy nature.
Image: The Pretend Chef
Tiger nut has a long shelf life because, it can be dried and stored for up to three months or, more. Recently, tiger nut has been gaining more popularity as more people are now using it to make tiger nut milk.
Tiger nuts are very nutritious and have a lot of health benefits which makes it good for almost everybody.
Image: Alamy Stock Photo
Here Are Five Impressive Health Benefits Of Tiger Nut To The Body
1. Relieves Constipation: constipation occurs when person stool is hard which makes it difficult, discomforting and sometimes painful to pass out.
Although, constipation might not necessarily be a medical condition prolonged constipation can cause, serious health issues like heamorrhoids popularly known as, piles. Tiger nut s rich in fiber which helps to soften the stool thereby, preventing and relieving constipation.
Image: Times Of India
2. It Helps To Improves Digestion: after eating, the next thing that happens is digestion. Some people have problems with their digestion which is not very good for the health. Tiger nuts are rich sources of insoluble fiber which makes digestion easier.
It is also believed that, tiger nut contains a particular type of fiber which feeds the friendly bacterias in your guts. These bacteria helps to promote healthy and smooth digestion.
3. It Helps To Promote Heart Health: the heart is a delicate and Important organ that needs to be properly taken care of and one of the way to take care of the heart is to eat heart friendly foods. Tiger nuts are a rich source of monounsaturated fats.
Monousaturated fats helps to reduces the levels of bad Cholesterol in the body thereby, protecting a person from heart diseases and possible stroke.
4. It Helps To Improve The Immune System: the Immune system is the body system that is responsible for preventing diseases from entering the body. The immune system also helps to fight diseases that have already entered the body.
Certain foods like, tiger nut helps boosts the immune system which makes it more effective in fighting diseases like staphylococcus and salmonella (salmonella is the bacteria that causes typhiod).
Image: express uk
5. It May Serve As An Aphrodisiac: aphrodisiac are substances that improves a person's desire for intimacy.
Although, extensive studies has not been conducted as to how potent tiger nut aphrodisiac is, it is believed that tiger nut can improve erectile dysfunction in men, boost their libidos and improve their intimate life in general.
Like, Share, Comment And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More