Trying to enjoy time outdoors with mosquitoes around isn’t fun. Citronella candles can provide you with a moment or two of relief, but they just don’t cover enough radius and tend to lose their effectiveness pretty quickly. So how can we do away with the mosquitoes and keep ourselves free of these pests? This homemade mosquito trap will do the trick.
All you need to get started is an empty two-liter bottle, a 1/4 cup of brown sugar, a gram of yeast, and a cup of water.
Here is how to make the trap!
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 gram of yeast
- 1 2-liter bottle
- 1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
- 2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
- 3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
- 4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
- 5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
- Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Like, comment and share this awesome Post pal's
Content created and supplied by: Bensnow (via Opera News )